Wednesday, November 4, 2009

What would a straightening lotion do for African American hair?

I have coarse African American hair and I use a ceramic flat iron to straighten it. It works great but how would a straightening lotion help it. I read in seventeen that if you use straightening lotion with a ceramic straightener it'll give you sleek smooth hair instead of coarse hair, is this true? Also would this improve the body and bounce of my hair if I use a straightening lotion with a ceramic straightener? And if it would be great if you listed some of the best straightening lotions? Thankss a tonn :]



What would a straightening lotion do for African American hair?

I saw that article too and instantly went on a "hair lotion hunt" LOL. I finally found something that works well with my coarse african american hair. Its a lotion called Fantasia Frizz Buster Silky Smooth Straightening Creme. I got it at walgreens for 5 dollars. I use it with White Rain shampoos and conditioner($1.00 at Walgreens) You can probably tell that I dont like to spend a lot of money on my hair LOL. heres what you do:



1. Wash your hair with any White rain shampoo. Comb the shampoo through with a wide toothed comb. Wash it out and put some conditioner in. Comb it through and leave it in for like a minute. Then wash it out.



2. Towel-dry hair and part it into 4 sections. Apply lotion to each section, and blowdry each section separately.



3. Straighten hair as usual,(straightener set at 400 degrees) but before you run the flat iron over some hair, add a little bit of the lotion and comb it through the section with a fine toothed comb. But not too much. You dont want to fry your hair. If you hear a frying sound, then you've used too much.



4. When you are done straightening, add more lotion on your hair and straighten the outer layer again, but go over each piece very slowly. this will give it the silky look and some bounce.



I hope this helps. I'm HORRIBLE with giving directions so if you get confused, just email me.



oh yeah and my straightener is a Conair 3/4 inch ceramic straightener, the one with satin on it. It doesn't have real heat settings. you set it from number 1 through 25. I set mine on 25 and hit the "Turbo" button to add more heat. This works well for me so if your straightener doesn't have real heat settings, the highest setting should do because the lotion protects your hair from heat. (unless yours goes up to 500 degrees or sumthin LOL)...



And to that other girl who said that it wouldn't work on your hair because it was in seventeen magazine: Just so you know, that article was for girls with coarse har. It said so right there on the page, clear as day.



What would a straightening lotion do for African American hair?

Theres nothing you can do to change the appearance of your hair. Anything you try only works temporary. Shampoo only cleans your hair but other than that theres nothing you can do.



What would a straightening lotion do for African American hair?

It does give you more of a "gloss finish" instead of those little hairs that can stick up. Be sure to use straigntening lotion made for use with the hot comb. You could fry your hair if your not careful.



What would a straightening lotion do for African American hair?

It would not work for your hair type. You read it in Seventeen remember? Not Ebony or Essence.



What would a straightening lotion do for African American hair?

try the one from matrix its in an ornage bottle called sleek look creme

No comments:

Post a Comment