Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I'm african american and i need help straightening my hair?

okay, my hair is past shoulder length and its really thick and curly. it looks like a long afro, if you can imagine that. i have to go to school on wednesday and i don't know what to do with my hair. i'm getting braided next weekend, so i'll have to do something with it for the rest of the week. i don't want to go to school with my hair in its current state, becuz it'll get frizzy and out of control and ugh. the straightener that i have now barely does anything to my hair. we bought it at sally's for like 25-30 bucks. it's a conair, and it never gives me salon results. so, what can i do in the meantime to get my hair straight. should i buy a new straightener?



I'm african american and i need help straightening my hair?

what works for me is blow drying it out with a Big round brush and then if u have a curling iron, bumping it with that just to smooth out frizzies and then wrapping your hair with a leave in hair conditioner thats more creamy then watery but if you really want it straight it takes a WHILE so you would have to clear out about 3 hours of your day (depnding how long your hair is). If the straightening doesnt work then you could always slick it back ,but give yourself a side part, into a mid-high ponytail with a big poof in the back that always looks nice on me hope i could be of help



I'm african american and i need help straightening my hair?

i am south african but i was born with straight hair but cause of dying my hair so much and getting all other stuff done to it its now a nice wavy kinda thing so i bought a GHD.. all of my cousins (by the sounds of it) have curly hair like yours and they have a GHD (which is a hair straightner only exclusive to hair dressing salons u cant find then in target or big w or harvey norman etc) they are about $300 but last a life time and heat up to over 200 degrees but they have special plates on them and it DOES not fry or dry out ur hair at all it actually makes it feel and look healthier but u cannot use it unless your hair is completely dry!! i hope that helps..but if you get your hair braided then it will be a waste of $300 for those few days..see if u can borrow one off some one



I'm african american and i need help straightening my hair?

For straightening hair at home, you can use a hair iron and a straightening shampoo will also help. If you wish to straighten for a longer time, you can undergo Japanese hair straightening. I found this website useful - http://hcr.in/straighten.html

No comments:

Post a Comment